Before my diagnosis came back I scoured the net looking for real life images & references to help me understand what I was dealing with. So I'm sharing this with you, hoping to aid anyone elses who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Previous | Archives | Reads | Resources | Links | Support | Credits
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Subtle Hints

Back in October we went shopping for appliances at the local mall when we were taken by some of the artwork in the Thomas Kinkade gallery show window. I couldn't believe it, but somehow, I found myself walking throught the gallery with my husband (who's not usually prone to doing such things). We left empty handed, but on the way home we discussed how nice it would be to buy one of his pieces in the future. Well, the future came the following weekend - before the diagnosis, before we settled on the house! We'd have to wait a few weeks for the piece to arrive, but we were really excited about the purchase. We didn't think about it much - in fact I forgot about the details - I knew it had a lighthouse, and the sea... but that's all. I didn't even remember the name.

Last Sunday, Donna from the gallery called to inform us that our painting "Courage" had arrived. How appropriate, I thought.

"Courage, my new Life Values painting,
expands on the metaphor of a sea voyage,
bringing us to the moment of divine
inspiration, when God graces us with
courage beyond the merely human — the
resolve we need to overcome any obstacle.

"I make full use of a vocabulary of personal
artistic symbols to convey this message:
God rewards our perseverance with His gift
of courage. Our lone sailor has come within
sight of a lighthouse; the beacon of divine
love will guide him to shore. Smoke curls
from the chimney of the keeper's solid brick
cottage, hinting at domestic comforts
within. A sublime radiance breaks through
the clouds, embracing the boat in its holy
light.

I painted Courage at a time when I was
especially grateful for God's hand of
deliverance in my life. May it remind you
that courage is, truly, a gift from the
Almighty."

................................-- Thomas Kinkade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mammogram



Microcalcifications on Right Breast
Birad 4

Diagnosis


Tumor 1: Size: 1cm; ER+(77%), PR+(10%), HER2/neu:2+ (positive?)(2) - FISH to confirm
Tumor 2: Size: .2cm; ER+(73%), PR-(1%), HER2/neu:1+ (negative?) (1.3)


Grading
Nuclear Score: 3
Tubular Score: 3
Mitotic Score: 2


Staging: TBD based on positve node count after Bilateral Mastectomy

Timeline


March 15 - Chemo started March 9 - Port installed
February 9 - Bilateral Mastectomy
January 23 - Bilateral MRI
January 20 - Genetic Counseling
December 8 - Lumpectomy with Sentinel Node Biopsy
November 8 - Excisional biopsy
November 3 - Stereotactic core biopsy on 2/3 sites
October 28 - Digital Mammogram
October 20 - Meeting with surgeon (Dr. gr8). Fine Needle Aspiration.
October 18 - Meeting w/ PCP - surgeon recommended
October 14 - Mammogram (w/immediate call back for magnified images) & ultrasound.

Reads


Blogroll Me!

Credits


  • Design: Me

  • Stock.xchng Image: Derived from Girls Tattoo by PatriotPro

  • Powered by Blogger
  • Support


    Nabby Adams


    When I first discover I had cancer I said - better today than 20 years ago,(much less early 1800's)

    This Essay on Nabby Adams shows just how far we've come.

    Journal | Mammogram | Timeline | Diagnosis | Nabby Adams |