Before my diagnosis came back I scoured the net looking for real life images & references to help me understand what I was dealing with. So I'm sharing this with you, hoping to aid anyone elses who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Previous | Archives | Reads | Resources | Links | Support | Credits
Saturday, January 07, 2006
Baby Teeth

Having changed states we needed to register our cars. Apparently in our old state, they mail you the title when you buy the car and the finance company has a lien on it. I don't remember getting a title for any car I've ever had there, but that's their story - so we need to either find the title, or get a new one.

So we looked in the only place it could possibly be found - my jewelry box. While we did find paper work for a jeep, it was for the one we owned before this one so looks like we'll be making a trip back home soon, which was in our plans anyway so no big deal.

While going through my jewelry box we also came across an assortment of baby teeth. I'm not sure which tooth belonged to which child - I'm not that organized - and while at the time I remember thinking that I'd be able to tell them apart - I've certainly learned over that years that I tend to give myself far too much credit for things like that. (I also no longer remember which year their school photos were taken).

So not knowing whose tooth was whose, my husband asked "What are you going to do with them?." He kinda thought it would be weird for the kids to have teeth that might belong to their brother. It got me wondering. If the kids take the teeth - they are either going to get rid of them at sometime, or have them when they die. What then? Will their children want them? their grandchildren? I know of no baby teeth that have been handed down for generations in my family... so I'm thinking that somewhere along the line all these teeth have been thrown away - and that breaks my heart.

So when my husband asked "What are you going to do with them?" I said the only thing that makes sense to me - "I want to be buried with them". At first I was kidding. But the more I thought about it, the more I came to like then love the idea.

The love I feel toward my children amazes me. It was only after they were born that I came to realize how much my mother loved me - and it blew me away. They are simply incredible. And that somehow, I am fortunate enough to get to spend my time with them, to watch them grow into responsible, entertaining, loving, respectful, humorous, individuals ... well, quite simply it humbles me. I adore them - not because I am their mom, but because of who they are. So, yes if they don't want their baby teeth - I'd be honored for them to be buried with me. So I may not have found the title to our car that day. But I did find something that will bring me great comfort - I way to have a part of my children with me - eternally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Minerva said...

And maybe those fairy teeth might grow into wonderful trees where fairies might hide, or play...*smile*

Minerva

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mammogram



Microcalcifications on Right Breast
Birad 4

Diagnosis


Tumor 1: Size: 1cm; ER+(77%), PR+(10%), HER2/neu:2+ (positive?)(2) - FISH to confirm
Tumor 2: Size: .2cm; ER+(73%), PR-(1%), HER2/neu:1+ (negative?) (1.3)


Grading
Nuclear Score: 3
Tubular Score: 3
Mitotic Score: 2


Staging: TBD based on positve node count after Bilateral Mastectomy

Timeline


March 15 - Chemo started March 9 - Port installed
February 9 - Bilateral Mastectomy
January 23 - Bilateral MRI
January 20 - Genetic Counseling
December 8 - Lumpectomy with Sentinel Node Biopsy
November 8 - Excisional biopsy
November 3 - Stereotactic core biopsy on 2/3 sites
October 28 - Digital Mammogram
October 20 - Meeting with surgeon (Dr. gr8). Fine Needle Aspiration.
October 18 - Meeting w/ PCP - surgeon recommended
October 14 - Mammogram (w/immediate call back for magnified images) & ultrasound.

Reads


Blogroll Me!

Credits


  • Design: Me

  • Stock.xchng Image: Derived from Girls Tattoo by PatriotPro

  • Powered by Blogger
  • Support


    Nabby Adams


    When I first discover I had cancer I said - better today than 20 years ago,(much less early 1800's)

    This Essay on Nabby Adams shows just how far we've come.

    Journal | Mammogram | Timeline | Diagnosis | Nabby Adams |