Before my diagnosis came back I scoured the net looking for real life images & references to help me understand what I was dealing with. So I'm sharing this with you, hoping to aid anyone elses who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Previous | Archives | Reads | Resources | Links | Support | Credits
Monday, January 09, 2006
Slow going...

Things are going so slow...

I can't believe I'm still sitting here, and I have no idea when my surgery will be. I understand Doctors are busy people, but I tell you what. I'm tired of sitting in doctor's offices for over an hour past my scheduled time - feeling rushed once I'm in there, and leaving with no real answers. Such as why does sample 1706 get a grading of 3 (poorly differentiated), while my tumors with the same characteristic is considered moderately differentiated? Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping it is grade 2 vs grade 3 - I just want to make sure it isn't grade 3, and they treat me for grade 2. I've asked two doctors so far, no answer.

There has to be a better way.

Today I met with my oncologist - but I really need to meet with a surgeon, and a plastic surgeon - but because of insurance changes I can't see them for at least anothe r week. The oncologist really won't be doing anything with me until after surgery, but still wants to see me once I get an MRI done.

Emotionally, this is exhausting. I'm prepping myself for chemo and rads - but now, I'm thinking it won't be until feb/march that I'll be going through that. I want to get this over!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mum had breast cancer when i was 17 (20yrs ago). I was the first person she told, even before my dad. Thankfully after a long course of treatment she was clear of it, but it was a harrowing time for all of us.
I wish you well on your journey.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The waiting is the hardest part. Well, maybe not THE hardest part, but it is definitely the most painstaking part. Once things get moving for you, it will move quickly and while it doesn't seem like it now, you will look back in awe at how it flew by. Hang in there. Just enjoy every moment you have right now. As difficult as it seems and as much as you would rather be actively doing some to fight the cancer, know that soon enough you will be and everything will change for a time (and in some ways permaenently). This moment right now is for you. Grab it and enjoy it.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mammogram



Microcalcifications on Right Breast
Birad 4

Diagnosis


Tumor 1: Size: 1cm; ER+(77%), PR+(10%), HER2/neu:2+ (positive?)(2) - FISH to confirm
Tumor 2: Size: .2cm; ER+(73%), PR-(1%), HER2/neu:1+ (negative?) (1.3)


Grading
Nuclear Score: 3
Tubular Score: 3
Mitotic Score: 2


Staging: TBD based on positve node count after Bilateral Mastectomy

Timeline


March 15 - Chemo started March 9 - Port installed
February 9 - Bilateral Mastectomy
January 23 - Bilateral MRI
January 20 - Genetic Counseling
December 8 - Lumpectomy with Sentinel Node Biopsy
November 8 - Excisional biopsy
November 3 - Stereotactic core biopsy on 2/3 sites
October 28 - Digital Mammogram
October 20 - Meeting with surgeon (Dr. gr8). Fine Needle Aspiration.
October 18 - Meeting w/ PCP - surgeon recommended
October 14 - Mammogram (w/immediate call back for magnified images) & ultrasound.

Reads


Blogroll Me!

Credits


  • Design: Me

  • Stock.xchng Image: Derived from Girls Tattoo by PatriotPro

  • Powered by Blogger
  • Support


    Nabby Adams


    When I first discover I had cancer I said - better today than 20 years ago,(much less early 1800's)

    This Essay on Nabby Adams shows just how far we've come.

    Journal | Mammogram | Timeline | Diagnosis | Nabby Adams |