Before my diagnosis came back I scoured the net looking for real life images & references to help me understand what I was dealing with. So I'm sharing this with you, hoping to aid anyone elses who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Previous | Archives | Reads | Resources | Links | Support | Credits
Sunday, February 05, 2006
What a wonderful day!

Today has brought me so much peace.

First I was able to do some detective work and get in touch with two of my friends from high school. It's been way too long since I spoke with either of them, and I had lost their phone numbers long ago. Yes, I learned my lesson and wrote them in my address book this time.

"Bubbles" as I'll refer to her here is such a special person. We have one of those relationships where it doesn't matter how long it has been since we've spoke - we pick right up where we left off. This time was no different. It simply lightened my heart to hear her, to reminisce with her, and to let her know how very special she is to me. In fact, she will probably be one of the few people from my real life who know about this blog. No one else knows - I'm afraid that they won't understand me, judge me, etc... But I have the strongest desire to share this with "Bubbles". I can trust in her friendship.

The other great news is my sister got in touch with my Dad. He wants to see me! I'm so excited. I was so worried that he may be harboring bad feelings about some events from our past and he was the one telling my sister that he hopes I'm not harboring any bad feelings. I can't wait to talk to him.

I'm so sorry that it has taken haven breast cancer to reopen some of the doors from my past - but so grateful that I haven't let fear keep those doors closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mammogram



Microcalcifications on Right Breast
Birad 4

Diagnosis


Tumor 1: Size: 1cm; ER+(77%), PR+(10%), HER2/neu:2+ (positive?)(2) - FISH to confirm
Tumor 2: Size: .2cm; ER+(73%), PR-(1%), HER2/neu:1+ (negative?) (1.3)


Grading
Nuclear Score: 3
Tubular Score: 3
Mitotic Score: 2


Staging: TBD based on positve node count after Bilateral Mastectomy

Timeline


March 15 - Chemo started March 9 - Port installed
February 9 - Bilateral Mastectomy
January 23 - Bilateral MRI
January 20 - Genetic Counseling
December 8 - Lumpectomy with Sentinel Node Biopsy
November 8 - Excisional biopsy
November 3 - Stereotactic core biopsy on 2/3 sites
October 28 - Digital Mammogram
October 20 - Meeting with surgeon (Dr. gr8). Fine Needle Aspiration.
October 18 - Meeting w/ PCP - surgeon recommended
October 14 - Mammogram (w/immediate call back for magnified images) & ultrasound.

Reads


Blogroll Me!

Credits


  • Design: Me

  • Stock.xchng Image: Derived from Girls Tattoo by PatriotPro

  • Powered by Blogger
  • Support


    Nabby Adams


    When I first discover I had cancer I said - better today than 20 years ago,(much less early 1800's)

    This Essay on Nabby Adams shows just how far we've come.

    Journal | Mammogram | Timeline | Diagnosis | Nabby Adams |