Before my diagnosis came back I scoured the net looking for real life images & references to help me understand what I was dealing with. So I'm sharing this with you, hoping to aid anyone elses who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Previous | Archives | Reads | Resources | Links | Support | Credits
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
1 to 3

Here's the thing:

If you have 4 positive nodes - seems you get radiation therapy - even after a mastectomy. No positive nodes - no radiation therapy. Pretty Simple.

But, what if you have 1 to 3 positive nodes? What's a girl to do?
Well, seems the experts don't know what to do with you.

"There is insufficient evidence to make recommendations or suggestions for the routine use of PMRT in patients with T1/2 tumors with one to three positive nodes."

Is it me, or is that a crock?

So here I am with possibly 2 or 3 positive nodes (don't know which since the pathologist did such a crappy job writing the path report) and I don't know whether to get radiation therapy or not. I don't want it if I don't need it. It damages your body, and cancer patients go through enough damage as it is with the surgeries and chemo; but if I do need it - if I'm one of the people it will help - then I want it. And I want it now, before I get breast reconstruction - it's the main reason why we delayed reconstruction in the first place and I certainly don't want a recurrance in a few years, after the reconstruction, only to have my new breasts destroyed. That is unacceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mammogram



Microcalcifications on Right Breast
Birad 4

Diagnosis


Tumor 1: Size: 1cm; ER+(77%), PR+(10%), HER2/neu:2+ (positive?)(2) - FISH to confirm
Tumor 2: Size: .2cm; ER+(73%), PR-(1%), HER2/neu:1+ (negative?) (1.3)


Grading
Nuclear Score: 3
Tubular Score: 3
Mitotic Score: 2


Staging: TBD based on positve node count after Bilateral Mastectomy

Timeline


March 15 - Chemo started March 9 - Port installed
February 9 - Bilateral Mastectomy
January 23 - Bilateral MRI
January 20 - Genetic Counseling
December 8 - Lumpectomy with Sentinel Node Biopsy
November 8 - Excisional biopsy
November 3 - Stereotactic core biopsy on 2/3 sites
October 28 - Digital Mammogram
October 20 - Meeting with surgeon (Dr. gr8). Fine Needle Aspiration.
October 18 - Meeting w/ PCP - surgeon recommended
October 14 - Mammogram (w/immediate call back for magnified images) & ultrasound.

Reads


Blogroll Me!

Credits


  • Design: Me

  • Stock.xchng Image: Derived from Girls Tattoo by PatriotPro

  • Powered by Blogger
  • Support


    Nabby Adams


    When I first discover I had cancer I said - better today than 20 years ago,(much less early 1800's)

    This Essay on Nabby Adams shows just how far we've come.

    Journal | Mammogram | Timeline | Diagnosis | Nabby Adams |