Before my diagnosis came back I scoured the net looking for real life images & references to help me understand what I was dealing with. So I'm sharing this with you, hoping to aid anyone elses who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Previous | Archives | Reads | Resources | Links | Support | Credits
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
We have a decision

Yes. We finally came to a decision concerning radiation. Actually, I came to this decision a long time ago - it was just getting the rest of the team on board that seemed to take so long. I am going to get radiation - and I'm thrilled.

I want to know that at the end of the day, I've done everything I could to fight this. I didn't have confidence in the justification for not considering radiation, so I thought it needed to be discussed;which is what the National recommendations call for. So if you are a 1-3 node positive patient please ask that the specifics of your case be discussed - it truly is a gray area - and this decision is crucial. Radiation is something you don't want if you don't need, but if you need it, by all means you want it. In my case, my age, the fact that I had macrometastasis in each of the positive lymph nodes (despite my tumor being small), and that only 7 nodes were dissected were the contributing factors.

I feel so much better now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, there. i only found your blog yesterday and have added you to my links. you'll do just find with radiation. i had 34 treatments and i was glad i did it. blessings, angie

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mammogram



Microcalcifications on Right Breast
Birad 4

Diagnosis


Tumor 1: Size: 1cm; ER+(77%), PR+(10%), HER2/neu:2+ (positive?)(2) - FISH to confirm
Tumor 2: Size: .2cm; ER+(73%), PR-(1%), HER2/neu:1+ (negative?) (1.3)


Grading
Nuclear Score: 3
Tubular Score: 3
Mitotic Score: 2


Staging: TBD based on positve node count after Bilateral Mastectomy

Timeline


March 15 - Chemo started March 9 - Port installed
February 9 - Bilateral Mastectomy
January 23 - Bilateral MRI
January 20 - Genetic Counseling
December 8 - Lumpectomy with Sentinel Node Biopsy
November 8 - Excisional biopsy
November 3 - Stereotactic core biopsy on 2/3 sites
October 28 - Digital Mammogram
October 20 - Meeting with surgeon (Dr. gr8). Fine Needle Aspiration.
October 18 - Meeting w/ PCP - surgeon recommended
October 14 - Mammogram (w/immediate call back for magnified images) & ultrasound.

Reads


Blogroll Me!

Credits


  • Design: Me

  • Stock.xchng Image: Derived from Girls Tattoo by PatriotPro

  • Powered by Blogger
  • Support


    Nabby Adams


    When I first discover I had cancer I said - better today than 20 years ago,(much less early 1800's)

    This Essay on Nabby Adams shows just how far we've come.

    Journal | Mammogram | Timeline | Diagnosis | Nabby Adams |