Before my diagnosis came back I scoured the net looking for real life images & references to help me understand what I was dealing with. So I'm sharing this with you, hoping to aid anyone elses who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Previous | Archives | Reads | Resources | Links | Support | Credits
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Update

Today is Day 11, and it's the best I've felt since D1. I still don't have much energy - folding one load of whites wore me out yesterday, but I think that might have more to do with the mastectomy then the chemo. I have no arm strength.

I'll be getting Neulasta shots to boost my white blood counts one week, and Aranesp the following week to boost my red's. Both of these left me feeling pretty achy and tired. This first week I also needed an Infed Infusion to help with anemia. This took around 4 hours to administer so I'm glad it doesn't happen often.

BTW - Chemo is also more time consuming than I expected. I thought I'd be at the center every Wednesday (D1/D8) - turns out I'm there Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Wednesday.

All in all the process isn't so terrible, certainly not pleasant. The people at the Cancer Center are wonderful, and in suprisingly good spirits, which really helps the patients deal with the emotions of what it is they are dealing with.

The next big event is Monday .....buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, there! glad to hear you're feeling well! how many treatments will you take? i'm only guessing that it's a low-dose chemo since it's so often?

i liked your "biopsy" art-piece. i'll be going to the link you provided to learn more about it, though.

take care and get your rest. save that laundry for another time ;o)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mammogram



Microcalcifications on Right Breast
Birad 4

Diagnosis


Tumor 1: Size: 1cm; ER+(77%), PR+(10%), HER2/neu:2+ (positive?)(2) - FISH to confirm
Tumor 2: Size: .2cm; ER+(73%), PR-(1%), HER2/neu:1+ (negative?) (1.3)


Grading
Nuclear Score: 3
Tubular Score: 3
Mitotic Score: 2


Staging: TBD based on positve node count after Bilateral Mastectomy

Timeline


March 15 - Chemo started March 9 - Port installed
February 9 - Bilateral Mastectomy
January 23 - Bilateral MRI
January 20 - Genetic Counseling
December 8 - Lumpectomy with Sentinel Node Biopsy
November 8 - Excisional biopsy
November 3 - Stereotactic core biopsy on 2/3 sites
October 28 - Digital Mammogram
October 20 - Meeting with surgeon (Dr. gr8). Fine Needle Aspiration.
October 18 - Meeting w/ PCP - surgeon recommended
October 14 - Mammogram (w/immediate call back for magnified images) & ultrasound.

Reads


Blogroll Me!

Credits


  • Design: Me

  • Stock.xchng Image: Derived from Girls Tattoo by PatriotPro

  • Powered by Blogger
  • Support


    Nabby Adams


    When I first discover I had cancer I said - better today than 20 years ago,(much less early 1800's)

    This Essay on Nabby Adams shows just how far we've come.

    Journal | Mammogram | Timeline | Diagnosis | Nabby Adams |